Saturday, February 19, 2011

As times goes by...

Well, hello my loves!!!

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I am still in bed and it's 1:10pm...It was a busy awful week. I was in much need of 12hrs of sleep ;)...can we say; LAZYYYY??? LOL.

So, I find myself in a happy place right now. I do think of things that sometimes bring me down, but, then I think of everything I am doing on order to accomplish what I want and it makes me happy. Yesterday I spoke to my best friend and she told me that she had bumped into my father. Uh-Oh! My dad and his drama. She told me he was complaining about "some things I've done and others I haven't". For a minute I got all worried and started to think: great, now I have to give him an explanation of what I do or don't do. Then, I thought to myself: Why do I feel that I owe him an explanation? I'll be 26 in exactly 19 days! Why should I give my parents an explanation of what "I do wrong" before their eyes. What aggravates me is the fact that he goes on comparing me with other people...Oh! So and so did this, why can't you? Seriously dude? I am me. I am Marie. I won't ever be this "perfect" person. What he doesn't know is that the people he compares me to, are even worse. I hate it when parents say; ohhh look at little Kathy Mae, she's such a good daughter, she got married, has her college degree...she's perrrrfect! Well, my dear, shall I inform you that little Kathy Mae is far from being perfect? I hate it when they think they know everything...as if they knew what happens behind closed doors.

My parents should be grateful for the person I am. I am not perfect and I have made some stupid decisions, but, there are worse ones out there.

As time goes by, I now realize, I don't have to give them an explanation of what I do or don't do with my life. I am an adult. Not that they're demanding an explanation, but I felt I needed to give them one. When the truth of the matter is, I don't. They don't give their parents any explanations of what they do. Why should I? I know they're my parents and they care and love me like no one ever will. But, that doesn't give them the right to put their noses where they don't belong...in my business. Keep your noses where they're suppose to be...in 'yo face!!!!!

Anyways, here was a little something. I hope you all enjoy this long weekend. Have fuuuun!

Cheers!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment