Monday, August 16, 2010

I am ME.




Hello there bloggies!!!

Once again I haven't written in over a week...as usual, I'm busy and tired. Anyway, this week the movie I have been waiting for all summer long, finally came out. Eat Pray Love. I must say that I absolutely loved it. It was great and honestly put my mind to think...a lot. The funny thing is that the post I was going to write last week had to do with some things about the movie. Things that have been running through my head lately.

I've been thinking a lot of the way "life" is suppose to be. The way we are brought up, the way society makes us think. We are told to go to school, which is absolutely fine, that we must graduate before our mid-20's (in order to be successful. Who says we can't be successful after our 30's?), that we should be married before our 30's and start a family by then and have a home and live "happy". Who is to say that this will give you a happy life? Who guarantees you, you WILL be happy with all of this? NO ONE!

I am now in my mid-20's, I'm still in college, still not married,still have no children and I happen to not have a fat bank account. I must say, I am happy this way. Not everyone knows what they want to be by 18. It took me 23 years to figure out what I want to be in the near future. My parents have always stressed me out about "my future" and what life should be like, always telling me how life will be awful if I don't hurry up and finish school. I do wish though that by 18 I had known what I know now, maybe I'd be done with school, but maybe I wouldn't be the person I am today. To be completely honest I AM happy to be who I am right now, I'm not another one in the bunch. I am ME. I am Marielys. I am happy to not be married. I am happy to not be a mother (yet). I am happy to still be a college student. I am happy to have chosen to live life the way I want. I choose to not care what others may think of me or their oppinion about the way I live. I don't have the time nor energy. At the end of the day no one pays my bills, nor buys me food or clothes. I am happy to know that I live to make myself happy...I don't have to live according to someone elses view on how life should be. I live to my own expectations and what makes me happy.

Who says I have to be a college graduate by 25? Who says I should be married before 30? Who says it's time to start a family? Is there a rule on life? NO! Unlike others, my parents are not wealthy but did all they could to raise me good and give me good values. They didn't have the means to put my through college. I have been suporting myself since I was 19, I happen to pay for school and all other expenses I might have. It's not easy, but I've managed. I am glad it's been this way...it has made me who I am today. I do have a plan which I plan to achieve. I do want to be married, I do want children and I do want a nice home...just not yet.

Sometimes I feel like I'm running out of time, because so many people tell me: OMG you're 25? No hubby, no kids, no college? But you know what, I still have a whole life ahead of me and I still think I'm pretty young. It will all happen on MY own time.

I really love who I am...and also happen to love everyone around me, even if they agree or don't agree with my way of thinking.

Cheers!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment